Funding for Environmental Sustainability Projects in Palmerston North
The Palmerston North City Environmental Trust (PNCET) promotes positive environmental outcomes in Palmerston North, New Zealand by actively supporting groups and projects that enhance the environmental sustainability of our natural and physical environment. One way in which we do this is by making resources available to individuals and organisations for use in projects with a strong environmental focus, through a Contestable Grants Scheme. PNCET is supported by Palmerston North City Council in this endeavour.
We welcome applications for financial assistance for innovative and environmentally focused community-led projects in Palmerston North.
Contestable (Large) Grants
- We aim to support new as well as ongoing projects to enhance the environmental sustainability of our City.
- Funds will be allocated using the criteria listed in the Guideline. While no project is likely to meet all the criteria, successful applicants will address as many of the criteria as possible.
- We endeavour to maintain diversity in the range of projects it funds.
- PNCET has two allocations for Contestable Grants annually, March and September.
- Applications up to $ 5,000 (GST exclusive) are considered in March and September; applications for greater amounts (up to $10,000) may be considered, please refer to the Guidelines for additional criteria.
- PNCET does not fund wages or business ventures.
- Applications should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the project.
We allocate small grants throughout the year. Small grants are for applications requiring $250 or less. Applications for small grants are assessed at the Trust’s monthly meetings. This means that community groups that need assistance for small projects are able to gain funding as they may be required. Applications for small grants must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the project and will be assessed at the Board monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of the month. Please make sure to submit your application before the 1st of the month to be considered in that month, otherwise, they will be deferred to the following month.
For additional information and queries, please contact us.
Application Guidelines and Grant Agreement
Please complete the entire form and submit the completed application by post or e-mail (preferred) to:
Attn: Contestable Grants
P.O. Box 1271
Palmerston North 4410